AnsweredAssumed Answered

Transitioning from SALE to AUTH/CAPTURE

Question asked by bsweeney on Jun 11, 2020
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2020 by bsweeney

We have a site that currently utilizes sale transactions that we are transitioning to auth (with capture happening during post processing). Before we deploy the update I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what happens in the following two scenarios:

1. Capture request performed using the transaction ID returned by a Sale transaction. Decisions made regarding our data structure with the initial implementation were ... unfortunate. I'm trying to decide how much migration work we need to perform during the deployment to avoid issues.
  2. Capture performed twice on the same authorization but with different merchant transaction IDs. This is, primarily, in consideration of potential issues recording the original capture response. Our process currently relies on an intermediate library to generate the ID and we don't have access to it. If we capture twice on the same authorization would we capture double the funds from the client? This is something we need to change, regardless, but I would like to know if we need to change prior to rolling out this update.

Outcomes